Monday, April 20, 2009

Snowy hike

While we were in Idaho visiting Nathan and Kari, we went on a hike with the group to Mesa Falls. But since there was a lot of snow and we didn't have the baby backpack to make it easier with Ethan, we only walked a little way (and Kari and I were wearing sandals - we weren't thinking to brightly. So our toes were frozen and hurting most of the time.

Here's one of my favorite pictures that we've ever taken of the 3 of us so far. Ethan tends to stand like a flamingo when he's unsure of the ground he's on. He did this the week before when I tried to put him in my parents grass barefoot. It takes a while before he will put both feet down. But I think it's a cute habit that probably won't last very long.


He looks so big here. He's only 13 months, but since he still has no hair, I think he's still a little baby. But he's walking like crazy now and even stands up by himself in the middle of a room without pulling up on something. He rarely crawls anymore.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Wow, you're pictures turned out great. That is a really nice family photo!

Alex & Jasmine said...

wow!!! Ethan is growing!!
I hope he remembers me...!!
He should remember,,,I am the one look different than others in the family! haha so//
My mom thinks I will have a son,.
It will be great for Ethan!!
I miss Ethan so much!!!

Katie said...

Hello Serena! I saw that you found our blog. It looks like you guys are doing well. Ethan is such a cutie! I love that last picture of him in the snow. Hurray for babies!