Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween

For Halloween, Ethan was Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz. Lorelai was Dorothy, so they were a cousin pair from the movie. My Mom made the costumes for Ethan and both my nieces Emma and Lorelai. I don't think she'll keep that tradition when there are more than 3 grandkids.

Here's Ethan with Michael at our Ward's Trunk-or-Treat party the day before Halloween. Ethan never acted scared at the spooky trunks. But he never smiled either. He just sat in Michael's arms lifeless the whole time. But I guess that's better than fussy the whole time.
Here's Ethan eating his first apple whole. He decided to take a single bite about every 2 inches around the top . . .

I was surprised Ethan kept the hood and hat on the whole time without trying to rip them off, but I think the model train set that was at the activity helped. He kept staring at the trains and saying "choo choo". When we tried the costume on him at home the day before, he hated it and cried the whole time and kept waving his hands around. He mostly hated the fringe around the wrists. But he didn't seem to even notice it at the Halloween Party.
For Halloween, we had a get together at my Grandma's house. Here is Ethan and Lorelai (Scarecrow and Dorothy)
We couldn't get better pictures since Ethan kept trying to run away and wouldn't stay put for a single picture. Below is Charlie (my cousin's son) and Emma (my other niece) as characters from a cartoon called Avatar. I think their character names were Ang and Kitara (I've never seen the show, but that's what I remember them calling eachother all night.)

2 comments:

Kate said...

Fun pictures. Love Emma and Charlie's action poses!! They were really into their characters. :)

Alex & Jasmine said...

I think Emma and Charlies should be actors! They're always into their characters each year.