Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Crawling and Standing and Swimming, oh my!

This is how my little MacGyver turns on light switches. These tongs are quite useful to him. He uses them to eat pop-tarts and turn on lights so far.Emeree started crawling a week and a half ago . . . she started by going up on her toes and then putting one knee in front of the other, but now she just crawls normal. Then yesterday, I came into the room to find her standing up against Ethan's Tonka Dump Truck. Luckily he was down for his nap, otherwise I don't think he would have taken too kindly to her using it. This was the first time she pulled up to standing. She's been pulling up to her knees for about a week. As you can see, she likes to stand on her toes - with them folded in. LOVE that dimple!We got a little plastic swimming pool - Ethan loves it. He stands and scoops water out with a cop or funnel. But Emeree hated it. She screamed bloody murder when we dipped her toes in it. She has no problem with baths, but this water was a little colder. I do love her swimming suit, but since she won't touch the water, I don't think she'll get to wear it again.

Neither of my kids have a solid belly laugh (Max has a great laugh - I'm so jealous of that). Emeree just lets out a heavy breath since she holds in her laughs, but now she has switched to a funny sound that sounds like she has a small air leak.

4 comments:

Laura Duce said...

Hehehee...Ethan is so funny.

Alex & Jasmine said...

Oh my gosh, Emeree is funny! haha
Yes I agree she looks so cute with her swimsuit! Seeing Emeree makes me wants to have a girl next time.
Alex and I want to go swimming pool in our apt, but always so many people not jk lots of people in this small swimming pool and they play like crazy for the babies. Blaming Sacramento Hot weather! I can't wait to see you guys! Hoding emeree again! ^^

Kate said...

What fun pictures! Emeree looks so proud of herself, like she knows she has a new, important skill. I laughed out loud thinking of her new laugh, can't wait to hear it! Ethan might help you co-author a book on 101 things to do with kitchen tongs! :) Love his splashy picture!

Alyson said...

Emeree is soooooo adorable in those pictures! Looking at that cutie makes me want a girl so badly! Hahaha! With my luck I'll be blessed with nothing but boys! Ethan is so ambitious with the water! Jacen was pretty scared of the water at the beginning of summer, but after our vacation and frequent trips to he pool he loosened up a bit. I wish we lived closer to you guys! It would be so much fun to see Jacen and Ethan together again.