Thursday, November 18, 2010

Letter to my Children

Dear Ethan and Emeree,

I love being your mother and am lucky to be a stay at home mom.  But . . .

Must we poop just minutes after getting a diaper change?  Contrary to what you might think, I do not enjoy changing your diapers.  And is there some rotation game this week that I'm not aware of?  Is it a race to see who can do it fastest?  You two seem to take turns so that I end up changing 4 diapers in less than an hour.  Diapers don't grow on trees and the garbage man told us on Tuesday we have been over the garbage weight limit the last couple weeks - due to your many diapers. 

Ethan, your little sister is not a nail.  The toy hammers are not meant to hammer the baby's head.  And when the toy hammers go in toy time out, we don't use the funnel as a hammer either.

Emeree, the measuring cups, teaspoons, and tablespoons are not pacifiers.  And if you're going to empty out all the drawers in the kitchen, can you at least give me a timeline of when you'll be able to put them away too?

Despite the dirty diapers, time outs and days with no naps, I still love you.

P.S. you have my permission (and your dad's too) to scratch up, chew on, and destroy the Alvin and The Chipmunks DVD.


3 comments:

Kari said...

Oh, this post made me SMILE so much! I even literally laughed out loud at a few parts, especially about the request to destroy the Alvin and the Chipmunks DVD..ha ha! That was great :) I can't wait to see Ethan and Emeree in a WEEK!

p.s. I tried to call you last night, but it went straight to your voicemail...call me back tongiht if you can!

Kate said...

A funny letter. Made me smile and remember long,long ago! You are an awesome momma.

Alex & Jasmine said...

haha they are just so so cute! ^^
I feel like to seeing my future.
Max is doing that same opening my cosmetic drawyers and put them outside,,lol I have to put all my cosmetics inside. I can't wait to see you guys soon! Can u believe?
It;s really soon!!!