Thursday, July 14, 2011

4th of July

Here are some random pics of our 4th of July.  We (actually, just Michael) spent the morning mixing and pouring cement for our back patio, then we headed to Ray and Carol's house for the afternoon and then over to Rick and Debbie's for the evening.  A busy day. 

And since I had to turn on the hose every 10 minutes for Michael, I technically helped with the cement too. :)  We lost our nozzle, so we can't leave it on.  He told me to turn it on for 13 seconds.  So, I counted and only got to like 8 before he told me to turn it off.  Here's the rest of the conversation...

Me: But I only got to 8; I was supposed to count to 13. (Yes, I do talk in semi-colon sentences - I'm just cool like that)
Michael:  That was 13
Me:  Nu-uh - how did you count
Michael:  1, 2, 3...
Me:  "mississippi-lessly"?

**Bonus points to who can guess where that quote came from.  I was proud that I thought of it on the fly.  And it made Michael smile and laugh at me since he knew exactly where I got the quote.

Anyway, back to the pics...

Buddah belly baby is happy that daddy gave her a tootsie roll pop - mom wasn't so happy.  It stained her jacket :(

 Ethan was not at all interested in going down the slip-n-slide, but he did like the spraying water and watching the girls ride down the slide.
And once Emeree saw the water, she was all about trying to drink it.
Eating watermelon on the deck
Over to Grandma and Grandpa's . . . Ethan had fun pushing Emeree up and down the hill in the wagon.

Look at her go!
 Ethan didn't like the "boom" of the fireworks, so Debbie went inside and found a solution.  Fuzzy earmuffs!  Grandma's are great like that!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Ok, I give up, I don't know what movie that quote is from?! Fun to read, such cute pictures and story to go along with it. I love love your little family!!

Alyson said...

I love the ear muffs! What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

The quote is from Friends right? This is Lillian by the way. :)