Friday, July 11, 2008

I'm missing Redmond

I miss living in Redmond - we had the best Value Village in the world (or so I think). Since it was in Redmond with all the Microsoft folk, there was great children's clothing there. I bought probably $500 worth of kids/baby clothes for Ethan and only spent about $50. Everything was 50 cents to 2 dollars for the most part and they were all top brands (Old Navy, Baby Gap, Tommy Hilfiger, OshKosh, Gymboree, Children's Place, etc.) I have a closet full of clothes for him up to size 4T, so he's set for a few years . . . unless he keeps growing like he has been. He's around 15-16 pounds and he's only 4 months old (wearing size 6-9 month pants already). He's not fat or chunky, so I don't know where he's hiding the pounds. But my nieces were the same weight when they were a year old, so my doctor was right when she called him a Jumbo baby while i was only 6 months pregnant.

Since we don't live in Redmond anymore, I won't get to frequent my very favorite Value Village anymore, but Ethan has a Dr. appt next week in Bellevue, so since I'll be in the area I just have to stop by :) I haven't moved his pediatrician's office yet since he's supposed to have another check up on his kidneys/bladder around 4 months and want to keep the same pediatrician for that in case he needs another ultrasound at Children's Hospital. If everything's okay, he probably won't need to be checked again until he's a year old. So for now, I'll just drive the hour trip to Bellevue/Redmond and just happen to drop by Value Village.

1 comments:

M said...

Don't you love finding great deals! There is a Goodwill that I shop at in Scottsdale. Same thing; I can't go back to paying full price now.