Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Trip down memory lane with Emily

So one of my college friends and co-workers (Emily) posted a comment on my blog about my profile picture . . . yes, I am at the Writing Center and proudly wearing my Writing Center vest! The background isn't very detailed, but she knew where I was. It probably helped that my hair was fixed all funky. . . and I think that was the day I managed to wear 11 different colors and I felt that I still matched. Too bad you can't see my outfit or my rainbow brite-ish socks. But if I'm remembering right, I used a straightner, a triple-barrel curler, a mini curling iron, and a crimper in my hair . . . and I was quite proud of it too.


So in rememberance of the fun times with Emily and to congratulate her on publicly announcing she has a boyfriend . . . here are some pictures of our fun times at college - coming up on 6 years ago now . . . that makes me feel really old :(



For some reason we liked to buy plain cakes at the grocery store and then decorate them with weird things . . . this picture had toy horses and stuff, but we've used plastic army men and other random things too.


And Jen is in the picture too!! Hi Jen! I think this picture was right before Emily took off on her mission to Japan.



And this picture is when we made toothbrush bracelets. We had to pull all the bristles out with tweezers - that was way harder than we thought it would be. And I actually ruined my cool yellow tweezers.

I was going to put more pictures in, but I can't find them - I must have filed them away somewhere that made sense at the time and then we moved and I don't remember which box I put them in. But I would have put pictures of us feeding Sharon's horses while we house sat when she was out of town or our St. Patricks day of everything green (only green food and if it wasn't green, we made it green) and I think Emily sprayed her face green too.
I miss you too, Emily!!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Serena, I found your blog off of Marisa and Minnette's. Hope you don't mind. As I read this post I thought it took me down memory lane when we were roommates. I thought of the Halloween we had together when you were a bee. I still have those pictures. My blog is private but if you would like to send me your email you can at talk2mel(at)juno(dot)com
Hope things are going good for you. Your little boy is really cute!