Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dorodango

We were watching MythBusters last night and they were trying to see if you could polish animal poo (gross, I know) without adding wax or polish stuff. So they had a guest come on who makes Dorodango - a shiny, Japanese dirt ball. Just adding water to make it muddy, they squeeze it to a ball and after a long, long amount of time, the water is all squeezed and evaporated or something and you have a shiny dirt ball. Michael really wants to try this, so we are going to steal some dirt from my parents back yard tonight when we go over for dinner (since we live in an apartment, we don't have dirt).


But until we succeed and get pictures of it, here is the link to go to and see what I'm talking about. http://www.dorodango.com/

5 comments:

Alex & Jasmine said...

Does Michael have to find dirt with dog poo in it? Or does any kind of dirt work? Take pictures of your work in progress!

Verification word of the day: KAEST ( I often wonder if any of these words have some kind of code or meaning to them)

Kari said...

Ooooooooh...I'm telling Kate you're stealing her dirt! ha ha ;)

Emily G said...

I can't tell you how weirded out I was to see the title of this post was the Japanese word for dirtball. I was so excited, then confused. Wait....was Serena in Japan with me? These were the things I wondered. Cool info!

Wallace Family said...

Serena, this is your long lost roommate Kristen from Ricks. :) Your little guy is adoreable! how are you guys? still in seattle?

Wallace Family said...

oh, my blog is brantandkristen.blogspot.com but it's been a while since i updated. ;0 glad i found you!!