Thursday, December 3, 2009

Emeree Jane Gerke

Emeree was born at 12:07am on Dec. 2nd. She decided to come earlier than her scheduled c-section that was supposed to be around noon instead. So she made me go into labor and experience the "joy" of contractions.

Here she is with the hat that Becky knit for her. And it's fun to see her in normal clothes instead of the boring white shirt that the hospital has her in. So we had a photo shoot in cute clothes today.

Becky and Emma came up yesterday to see us in the hospital - it was fun to see her excited and holding her hand.
Ethan liked to pet her face and the hat. He also "honked" her nose, but we didn't catch that in the pictures. He's wearing his "big brother" shirt that I made for him since he's a proud big brother. And we didn't even have to tell him the be gentle with her. On his own he was softly petting her and smiling at her.
Here's our new little family of 4. I'm normally the tannest one in the family, but I look like a pale, white ghost. Ethan looks a lot bigger; he just seems so much older now that we have a newborn too.

Here she was as they were pulling her out. We have a similar picture of Ethan when he was born as well, so it's kinda fun to have these pictures.
Wearing her Christmas hat from the hospital instead of the standard blue and pink hat.

11 comments:

Laura Duce said...

Congrats you guys! She'll grow hair one day. :) What a little cutie pie. I hope you have a speedy recovery. You'll have to let me know if heal quicker with your second c-section. Love the little Christmas hat. I hope your house closes soon so you can have a new home for Christmas. Congrats!

Alex & Jasmine said...

Oh she is so lovely! Both of our babies wanted to come out ealier than our due day! "Joy of Contraction" lol Congrates!!
We both will be busy but we are hot mamas!

H. Wimmer said...

CONGRATS!!!! So how did you come up with Emerre Jane?

Minnette said...

Congrats she is beautiful!

Kari said...

Emeree is ADORABLE!!! :) Congratulations to both of you! I really wish we could be there right now. Serena, you are AMAZING for carrying such big babies! I love all the pictures you put up. My favorite is the one of Ethan and Emeree. He will be such a great big brother. Anyway, congratulations! Love you all!!!

Alyson said...

Congrats!! She is so beautiful!!! I love her hat! Your family of 4 shot was so cute! I love that Ethan is such a gentle big brother to her! It gives me hope for when that day will come for us. You cracked me up with the whole "joy of labor" thing. It can be highly overrated! :-)

Tomato and Tordle said...

I have been checking your blog every day to see if you had your baby. Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you! Little girls are so fun! A lot more fun than I thought! She is going to love you and your wardrobe someday. I just know it!!!! I'm so happy for you! Happy Christmas!!!
-Tomato

Cassy said...

She is beautiful!! And I love the name. You don't look to bad yourself either. I hope you have a quiet and wonderful holiday season.

Jen Adam said...

Congratulations...so happy for you guys!! Emeree is beautiful, and Ethan is such a cute big brother! Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas...what a cute little gift you just received! Take Care.

Katie said...

Hurray! Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well. And she is a little cutie! Nice work.

Emily G said...

Oh, Serena! She's gorgeous! Congratulations!