Monday, October 26, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

I carved Ethan's pumpkin, and then I handed it to him to try and get pictures . . . he thought he was funny sticking the carving knife in the stem of the pumpkin. Don't worry - these knives are duller than a spoon.

After looking inside the pumpkin, Ethan tried to re-carve the areas I had already carved. It made for cute pictures.
Michael found an idea online that he was eager to try. But I don't think his mom will appreciate it. She bought us a tiny pumpkin for the "baby-to-be" . . . and this is what Michael did to it.
And that wasn't the end. After he drilled the eye holes and cut a frown, it's final resting place was inside the mouth of his giant pumpkin. Sorry Debbie. He's your son, so you're probably not surprised.
Mine was a white pumpkin with the bat. I carved the same face in Ethan's pumpkin as I did last year . . . I think it's cute, and it's fast - since I had to carve 2 pumpkins.
Next year, I may try something different for Ethan's. I found an idea online where someone spraypainted their kid's pumpkin with chalkboard paint so the kid could draw different faces on it and wipe it off and keep going. I think as a 2 year old (almost 3 year old), he may enjoy that.

4 comments:

Kate said...

OK, I'm not even Michael's Mom and I'm not surprised! :) Actually, all the pumpkins are cool. Love ya!!

Alex & Jasmine said...

haha Michael looks very serious with pumpkins in the picture.
Very cute!! We are going to carve this week! I don't know what to do but I will think about it UM..I need to search internet too get a great idea!

Alex & Jasmine said...

I have to admit I was surprised to see a knife next to Ethan and then I remembered! Also I'm not surprised how Michael's pumpkin turned out either! lol Wish we could go trick r treating with everyone, maybe next year.

Katie said...

Very cute. I like your bat. And I always love pumpkins eating other pumpkins. It's just fun.