Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Random topics

Sunday was Emma's 9th birthday, so we all went over to their house for a fire pit dinner. It was fun roasting hot dogs over the fire, and then we had s'mores (but with reeses peanut butter cups instead of a hershey's bar). I actually liked the PB better than the old fashioned way.

Michael was shucking his corn on the cob to get it ready to go in the fire pit to cook, and I thought it would make a cute picture to have Ethan try to take a bite out of it. . . most people know Michael won't share food or drink out of a cup that someone else drank out of (unless it was me :) ), so when Ethan licked the corn, Michael was grossed out. I'm proud of him for just wiping it off and cooking it anyway. But it make a cute picture!

I also found a tutorial online of how to turn a plain t-shirt into a ruffled half-shirt jacket thing. It took me FOREVER to figure it all out and get it sewn up, but here's a picture of the finished project - I made it for Emma for her birthday. I also made her a couple headbands out of ribbon that turned out dang cute! It's hard to see what it looks like since it's black, but here's the link to the tutorial that has a good picture.

Also, since Ethan has moved to a big boy, front-facing carseat, his infant one is just in his closet now. The other day, he was playing in his room but it was really quiet, so I tip-toed in there to see what he was doing . . .

. . . he loves that carseat, and I think he misses it. When I found him, he was just sitting in it like normal, but he now poses for the camera instead of charging me to grab onto it.

5 comments:

Alex & Jasmine said...

wow! you hair is grwoing so fast!
We wish we were there!
Ethan is so~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ cute!!!!
I miss him so much haha
and Michael+brian's jokes at work!
Alex envy alex that Michael has his own buisness! Alex is thinking
someday He want to have his own too
but Everybody knows I am not a good negotiator..-.-; haha
We miss your guys so much!!

Kate said...

Ok, what a cute baby!! I love his smile in the car seat. He looks like he thinks he is getting away with something.

Kari said...

Okay, first of all: CAN ETHAN EVEN GET ANY CUTER?!!!! I just love his smile! Also, your hair is so long! How does it grow so fast?! And also....WE MISS YOU GUYS!

Kari said...

So, I just spent like 2 hours looking at all the links you have to cute craft blogs. I feel so inspired! ;) And then I noticed that you started your own craft blog! Why didn't I know this??!! Anyway, I have a COMPLETELY EMPTY classroom waiting for me to decorate! Any ideas?? I have a bunch of bulletin boards that I want to cover with fabric. That's my only idea so far. HELP!

Alex & Jasmine said...

I saw your craft blog with Alex!
WOW! I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THAT?
IS THAT AMERICAN WOMEN THING?
YOU, BECKY AND KATE ARE ALL GREAT AND GOOD AT MAKING WITH HANDS!
PLUS ETHAN WAS SUPER CUTE! *^^*
MY BIGGEST PROBLEM IS NOW I HAVE TO HAVE HOBBY! I LOST MY HOBBY!