Saturday, February 20, 2010

New Siding and Dirt Soup

The weather was nice today, so Michael was putting up new siding on the house. You can see the old stuff is an ugly brown stain (and with black trim). Not sure who chose those colors or why, but they're hideous - plus they used vertical siding, so that made the color seem worse.

Here's Michael and my Dad cutting a board to go up.
We are going to paint it a charcoal gray and then add white trim on the corners and around the windows. And I'm going to paint the garage door and the front door white as well.

While Dad and Michael worked on some siding, the kids played on the rock pile in the front. One of the rocks had a puddle in it, so they were making dirt soup. Ethan had a stick and was the stirer. Eventually, they put in enough dirt and sand that they soaked up all the water.

When it was time to come in and clean off, Dad decided to use the broom and sweep off Ethan before bringing him in. So Ethan decided to sweep off Grandpa too.
I didn't do much of anything but hold the baby and take pictures - man am I tired from all that work!

1 comments:

Alex & Jasmine said...

Alex and I can't wait for seeing your new beautiful home! Alex wishs He was there to help your guys and me too! I would enjoy playing with babies and Ethan!
I also can't wait to see Embree on Nate's graduation!! Alex and I miss your guys! of course I miss Michael&Brian's humor at work!
I saw your nap time craft I can't believe how amazing you are and skill you have! when Alex and I get new home in wa someday! you gotta help us to decorate new home!